Visibility Filter does not work with InfoPath Form

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Tried using the visibility filter with a connection from an InfoPath Form Web Part and cannot get it to work.  

I tested the InfoPath Form Web Part by connecting it to a textbox in a second InfoPath Form Web Part and the connection worked, so I know it is sending out data.

But when I make a connection to a visibility filter web part, the visibility filter does not trigger.

I can only guess that data arriving from an InfoPath form web part arrives differently than data arriving from a list web part and the visibility filter web part does not accept the data.

Then again, I never rule out the possibility I'm doing something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Just tried it with an HTML form web part as well and could not get the filter to work.

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I have tried it with an infopath form also and what I see is this.   If the 'Do this to the webpart when true' is equal to show, it stays visible.  If you set it to 'Hide' then it is hidden.  Its as if it is only seeing the connection and not the trigger value.  

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM

It is sometimes difficult to know what exactly the other web part is sending through on the connection.

If I can get a little time, I will put some logging code in the web part so it will log what it is getting and that might help determine what should be in the configuration and why it is not triggering as expected.

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Has anyone been able to get this filter webpart to work with InfoPath form webparts in 2010?
Jun 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Folks, here is the way to use the visibility filter webpart on Info Path form webparts.

Because IP form webpart connections can only consume via webpart connections, you have to add the form library itself to your page as a webpart. Once added, you can then set the visibilty webpart connection to consume fields from the actual library and set the library webpart as hidden. Configure your visiblity webpart "trigger" for that connection, then "Webpart Selection" for your IP form webpart. Make sure that the visibilty fliter is above the other two webparts.

Be careful if trying to use filter webparts on basic pages instead of webpart pages. Inserting webparts under "content" on a standard page can produce some odd behaviours. Not impossible, but needs careful attention.