Still not displaying

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I have 3 zones.

First zone I have the visibility filter, with connection setup from my choice filter, equals = Table1, web part selection is Title comparison matches Table1

Second zone I have a choice filter setup that has two values in it Table1 and Table2.  Connection is send filter values to the visibility filter

Third zone, I have an excel web part with the following properties:

Title = Table1

Hidden

Chrometype = Normal

When I select Table1 from my choice filter, it looks to refresh, because my web part starts processing but then nothing is displayed.

Can you help?

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Ok, I went down to just one excel webpart title table1, with a choice filter with values table1, table2. 

I got it to work with 2 visibility filters one for a show and one for a hide.  The issue is though it displays based on the opposite selection....

So I setup my visibility filters to display table1 when table1 is selected.  What happens when table1 is selected from the choice filter is nothing...but when table2 is selected table1 then displays...wierd.

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Try putting the choice filter in zone 1 and the visibility filter in zone 2.  Does that make any difference?

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Thanks for responding. 

I don’t think the apply the opposite action to all other webparts works correctly.  I got it to work by doing a SHOW visibility filter and a Hide visibility filter on the same webpart.

Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:28 AM
To: Shores, Mylinda M
Subject: Re: Still not displaying [SPVisibilityFilter:71277]

Try putting the choice filter in zone 1 and the visibility filter in zone 2. Does that make any difference?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPVisibilityFilter@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPVisibilityFilter@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM

JoeD,

Is there a way to use the apply opposite action to all other web parts, to avoid having 2 visibility filters (one for show and one for hide) for each webpart.

Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:44 AM
To: 'SPVisibilityFilter@discussions.codeplex.com'
Subject: RE: Still not displaying [SPVisibilityFilter:71277]

Thanks for responding.

I don’t think the apply the opposite action to all other webparts works correctly. I got it to work by doing a SHOW visibility filter and a Hide visibility filter on the same webpart.

Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:28 AM
To: Shores, Mylinda M
Subject: Re: Still not displaying [SPVisibilityFilter:71277]

Try putting the choice filter in zone 1 and the visibility filter in zone 2. Does that make any difference?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPVisibilityFilter@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPVisibilityFilter@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com